Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Sunday's 5K Results

I subjected myself to another 5K this weekend - this one benefitting the St Louis Zoo. Considering we have run maybe ONCE since the last 5K, and this course was much hillier than the last one, I think we all did a great job. Once again, my goal was to run the entire thing, and I actually did it this time! There were several times where I wanted to take a break and walk for a minute to catch my breath, but I kept pushing myself and before you know it, I saw the finish line up ahead and then was able to sprint towards it. My official time for this one was 29:27, with an average pace of 9:22 per mile. Yay! Can't wait for the next one! In the words of Janine, I may be becoming a bit of a "fitness fanatic." Lol

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is next? A marathon?? :)
J9

Gretchen said...

OMG I just threw up in my mouf a lil bit. I dunno about all that! I could maybe push myself to do a 10K if it was a ways off and I had time to train for it....MAYBE. For right now I will just stick with the 5Ks tho!

Kelly said...

That is awesome!!!! So proud of you!!! I'm still hoping I make it through a 5K! we'll see!