Sunday, August 1, 2010

Bridal mania!

Wow, a lot of stuff has gone on since the last time I posted! (which was forever ago, I know). Last weekend, we took a road trip to Wisconsin. A lot of my relatives won't be able to make it down for the wedding in September but they still wanted to celebrate with us, so they threw Lenny and I a little get together up there. Lois and John had rented out the town hall and everyone brought food, so we had a big pot luck. YUMBOS! We had a good turnout! It was great seeing some of my cousins who I hadn't seen in like 5 or 6 years. We played lots of yard games outside (bags, ladder golf, bocce ball, hula hoop) and Bella even had a big group of people (all adults, mind you) doing the hokey pokey, ring around the rosey, and duck duck goose for a while outside too. Good times :)

This week was really busy in terms of appointments and wedding stuff - Tuesday Linda and I met with the caterer to go over some stuff, then I had a hair appointment after that. Wednesday, my mom and I went to Weinhardt and reserved all the chairs, linen, china, and silverware we will need for the wedding. Thursday Bella and I had a date with Amy (who has been in town for a couple weeks), Nikki, and Aidan. We went to Dave and Busters and the kids had a great time! I think their fave game was the one where you try to make the coins fall off the ledge. Aidan seemed to be a pro at that for some reason. Maybe he will grow up to be a professional gambler or something?! ha. Friday, Lenny, Bellz, and I had a dinner date with Paul and Linda. To round out the week, I had my bridal shower yesterday at Linda's house! It was hosted by Lenny's sister Katie, and I was blown away by how awesome of a job she did with everything. It was A-MAZ-ING, right down to the sand volleyball court cake she had ordered! So cool! I got the motherload of gifts at the shower, and I'm feeling extremely thankful and blessed today thinking about all the people who showed up to celebrate with me. I don't think they realize it, but it meant the world to me to have every single one of them there. *sigh*

6 more weeks to go!!! I am loving life right now! :)

Wisconsin get together pics:
Carson showing off some card tricks
Sally must have said something really interesting...

The Lenster and I posing with Bridal Barbie
Poodle in the clouds - isn't that crazy?
Ya do the hokey pokey and ya turn yourself around...
There are no words to describe this one

Bridal shower at Linda's house:
Check out the motherload of gifts!


Thank you to the hostess(es)! Love you guys.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosh, what a busy week!! Glad you had fun though!! I like your grey stripedy diagonal dress miss skinny minny!!!!
Did u get highlights?? Were u sick of the all dark herres??
J9