Sunday, December 4, 2011

I'm gonna have a birl?!?!

I am beginning week 20 of my pregnancy today, which means we have "the big" ultrasound this week to find out the baby's gender! Therefore, I thought it would be appropriate to cast our votes and make some guesses as to what the baby's sex is going to be. I just spent all morning taking several different gender prediction quizzes, and the results cracked me up. Half of them say I'm having a boy and half of them say I'm having a girl. Ha! Well I would sure hope it's one of those! Lol.

Check this out. Here are the results of one of the quizzes I just took:
 
Will your baby be a Girl or a Boy?


Q1 - Are you carrying the weight out front or around the hips and bottom?

I went with around the hips and bottom for this one, cuz my belly isn't sticking out too much yet. Plus, unfortunately, I've always had mongo hips. *sigh*

Q2 - Is the hair on your legs growing more quickly or the same as before you got pregnant?
 
Same as before.

Q3 - Are you carrying your baby high or low?

I'll go with low on this one.

Q4 - Do you sleep in your bed with your pillow to the north or south?

What the #%!^??? What does that have to do with anything? I'm no Magellan, but I think my pillow is more north than south. Gay.

Q5 - Are your feet colder than before pregnancy or the same as before?

Samezies.

Q6 - Do you refuse to eat the heel of a loaf of bread or do you  prefer the heel?

Another dumb question. But umm, I always throw that part of the loaf of bread away. So wasteful, I know.

Q7 - Is the dad-to-be gaining weight right along with you or has his weight remained the same?

Lenny has maintained his girlish figure so far.

Q8 - Is your mother's hair grey or another color (natural or dyed)?

Soney's pretty grey. As am I if I haven't hit up the salon in a while. *another sigh*

Q9 - Did you have morning sickness early in your pregnancy?

Nope, not a smidge of morning sickness for this chick. Woo hoo!!!

Q10 - Are you looking particularly good or not so good during your pregnancy?

Ugh, I dunno! I have my days I guess. Some days I feel like a cross between a water buffalo and an elephant, but others I like my cute lil bump. I'll stick with looking good on this one :)

Q11 - During pregnancy, has your chest development been quite dramatic or not too dramatic?

Eh, sad to report it hasn't been too dramatic thus far. The girls have gotten a lil bigger, but nothing major. Still waiting for that pregnancy perk.

Q12 - What was your age at the time of conception?

Big bad 33.

Q13 - Conception took place in the month of ______?

July. TMI??? Deal widdit.

Q14 - Hang a necklace over your belly. Does the chain move in cirles or from side to side?

Tried this and the chain moved from side to side. Oh, and I used my lucky 4 leaf clover necklace for this test, btw. Duh.

Q15 - Is your urine a bright neon yellow color or a dull yellow?

I'd say more of a neon yellow for this one. I attribute that to those wonderful prenatal vitamins.

Q16 - What do you crave more - sweets or salty/sour food?

Definitely sweets on this one. I could eat a cupcake/cookies/candy every day if you let me. And before pregnancy I was always craving the salty snacks. Weird.

Q17 - Has your nose spread during pregnancy or stayed the same?

My hips may be spreading, but my nose has stayed the same. So THERE.

Q18 - Do you crave more meats and cheese or fruit?

Fruit. Definitely.

Q19 - What is your baby's heart rate? Above 140 beats per minute or less than 140?
 
At my doctor's appointments, the heart rate has always been 150+.

Q20 - How do you feel about OJ? Do you not like it or have to have it every day?

Ooh this is a tricky one. I DO like OJ, but I wouldn't say I've been craving it?!? Guess I'd gave to say have it every day on this one.

Q21 - Are you having headaches?

Yep. I've been having them almost every day for the last couple weeks.

Q22 - Does your abdomen look more like a watermelon or a basketball?

Watermelon. MMMM...watermelon sounds really good right now.

Q23 - If someone asks you to show them your hands, you show them palm up or palm down?

Palm up. Strange question.

Q24 - Last question! Do you pck up a mug by the handle or the body of the mug?

Another weird one! I always pick it up by the handle. Doesn't everyone? Otherwise you'd get burnt.

And the results are in........drumroll please........

Congratulations!

Alena.Ozerova.Fotolia.com

You have a 55% chance of having a girl!

And you have a 44% chance of having a boy.

My mother's intuition tells me I'm having a boy, but I don't have a great track record when it comes to guessing the sex of friends' babies, so I guess we'll see...  What do you think? Boy or girl???

3 comments:

Should be obvious said...

STOBBIT! NO POSTING RESULTS HERE!
>:(

Anonymous said...

Well u know my vote is GIRL!!!!!!!! I can't wait to know!!

J9

Unknown said...

Where did you find this quiz? I would love to take it. Since we don't find out I always like doing stuff like this. I hope you are feeling good.