Tuesday, June 12, 2012

2 month checkup

Mr. Alex went in to see Dr. Agolia this morning for his 2 month checkup. He now weighs 15lbs, 8.5oz (!!!) and he's 24.75" tall. He's in the 99th percentile for weight and the 96th percentile for height. Looks like we have a linebacker on our hands here, folks!



He did great, considering he had to have an oral vaccination and then 3 shots on top of it. The first shot just kind of startled him, but by the time she did the 2nd and 3rd, he was mad. His face turned really red and he screamed for a minute, but as soon as I was able to pick him up and comfort him, he was fine. We did end up giving him some Tylenol later in the afternoon because he was pretty cranky and his leg was red where he got the DTAP shot (which they said would probably happen). He's doing good now though - he's snoozing peacefully up in our bed and I even got a couple of really good smiles from him before he fell asleep. :)

Think I'm gonna go up and snuggle with him for a bit. I seriously could lay there all day talking to him, playing with him, and smooching on him. I'm really trying to soak up these last couple of weeks of maternity leave with my baby. July 5th (my return to work date) is quickly approaching. Don't even want to think about it. *sigh*

1 comment:

Kelly said...

yay! I'm so glad he's doing well and that Dr. Agolia worked out for you guys :) Our girls love him!