Friday, October 19, 2012

A visit from the Lemke girls


Last weekend, Linda, Jane, and Lois came down from Wisconsin for a visit. I seriously think I have the best aunts EVER. They are sooo much fun!

Here's a rundown on what we did while they were here: Friday we hung out and had a pizza party at mom and dad's. Saturday we were planning on going to the apple festival in Clarksville, but the weather didn't cooperate, so we ended up spending all afternoon down on Main St in St. Charles. Had lunch at the Winery of the Little Hills followed by - you guessed it - ice cream at Riverside Sweets. (duh) That evening, all us girls, including mom, Stacey, and Janine, went to the Cirque Chinois show at Lindenwood. It was kind of like a Chinese Cirque du Soleil show. SO COOL! Sunday we hit up Sugar Creek Winery in Augusta. This was probably my favorite day of their visit. Fall winery trips ROCK! Monday I was off work, and Mom, Alex and I took the ferry over to IL. My dad took the girls by boat, and we met them at Pere Marquette Lodge, where we had a picnic lunch overlooking the river. I was going to take them on a hike through the woods while my mom and dad watched Alex, but we got distracted and just spent our time in the gift shop instead. It's kind of become a tradition to buy some form of matching accessories when we go on these trips together, so we all picked out matching 'sister bracelets.' When I went to FL with them a few years ago, we all got mood rings. (so retro, right?)

Alex isn't going to know what to do with himself now that they are gone. Every time they are aound, the second he makes a peep, one of them is there to scoop him up and snuggle him. ;) He was lovin it!

Here are some pics from the weekend.


He wasn't sure what to think at first. He had just woken up from his nap and was like "Who ARE these people and why are they staring at me??"

How many aunties does it take to feed a baby a bottle? Apparently 3! :)

At the wineries. CHEERS!


Told ya we had fun! ;)


This dude kept hitting on Linda the whole time we were at the winery. She texted Leah and said "Some guy keeps hitting on me, but don't worry, we've got it under control." That was one of my fave lines all day!


Couple pix of the pretty fall foliage at Pere Marquette


This so reminds me of Ralphie from A Christmas Story with the soap in his mouth!

Melted Chapstick anyone?


Dad clearly enjoyed the picnic at Pere Marquette...

Sister bracelets!





No comments: