Wednesday, February 29, 2012

32 week ultrasound

I had what I think was my final ultrasound yesterday at my 32 week appointment. Unfortunately, the lil guy was sleeping the whole time, so we didn't get to see him moving around very much. Boo! We did see his mouth move a little bit. He was probably talking in his sleep, just like his daddy. ;)

At any rate, everything looked good. He is approximately 4lbs, 5oz right now and his heart rate was 113 (fairly low due to him being asleep). The u/s tech measured my amniotic fluid and said it was a good level. Since I've had such an easy pregnancy, I don't think I'll have any more ultrasounds after this. If i was rich, I'd buy one of those machines and check in on this baby every day. I can't even tell you how reassuring it is to see him moving around and knowing that he's safe and sound in there.

At my next appointment, they will do a Strep B test. From what I understand, this is just a test to see if you have a certain kind of bacteria in your birth canal. It's fairly common for people to have it, and if you do it's no big deal - they just give you some antibiotics during birth so you don't pass the bacteria on to your baby. Let's hope I don't have it tho!

Here is a pic of our little alien from yesterday's appointment. If you don't know what you're looking at, it's just a head shot. The dark spot in the middle is his mouth, to the right of that (the white-ish area) is his lil nose, and then of course his eyes. Not a great pic, but like I said, we didn't really get any good ones this time. I still think he's handsome :)


No comments: