Monday, March 5, 2012

Three's a charm!

We had the motherload of kids here Saturday - Bellz was here again this weekend and we had both Kendall and Carson over for a sleepover. You would think having three kids running around the house would be tiring (espesh when you are 7.5 months prego), but it really wasn't bad at all. For the most part, they entertained themselves. We are used to Bella demanding non-stop attention all weekend when she is here, but she was so busy with K and C that she barely even talked to us. I'm not sure how parents of only children do it to be honest with you. I'm thinking that 2 may be easier than one! I'm all about having at least 2 so they can play together and give us some quiet time, if only just for a few minutes here and there.

Anyway, like I said, the kids had fun together. They played outside while Lenny and I were making dinner, the girls chased Carson all around the yard, they all enjoyed taco night (I am not kidding you - those kids ate like 3 tacos each, which was more than I had!), and then they had fun playing the Scooby Doo Pop n Race Game (it's kinda like Sorry). After the girls took their bath, we had a movie night and poor Carson was subjected to watching "Barbie and the Diamond Castle" and getting his hair done in an ever so stylish ponytail. He was a good sport tho. ;)  Love those kiddos!


Oh, and check this out - pry my fave part of the weekend.... when Janine took Kendall home the next day, she was asking K about what they did while they were here. She said "Did you have popcorn at Gretchen's house?" And Kendall goes "Yeah, and we had cookies too. But they were stale. Don't tell Gretchen." HAHAHAHAH! Are you KIDDING ME? She is 3 years old! (A) How does she even know what stale means? and (B) How considerate of her to not want me to know!!! (I'm assuming she didn't want to hurt my feelings).

For the record, Stacey had brought over some choc chip cookies that we ate which were maybe a lil crunchy, but they were still good, and the only other cookie K had was a Girl Scout Cookie. We had opened the package that very same day so I know they weren't stale. Isn't that hilarious tho? Kids say the darnest things, I tell ya.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad they had so much fun. She told me last nite that she wanted to go back over to your house. (Guess she likes u better! :)

J9