Thursday, April 5, 2012

Baby Chunk-a-lunk

Had my 37 week appointment and ultrasound today. The u/s tech said that right now, the baby is measuring 7lbs, 14oz. I was like "Come again?" That is almost 8 pounds, and I still have 3 more weeks to go! Aye aye aye. Here I was thinking he'd be right around 6.5, 7 pounds at this point. Guess not. We may have a 9lber on our hands here folks! Sheesh. I know those measurements aren't always the most accurate though - I hope for my sake they are off a bit! The thought of pushing a 9 pound kid out of my whoo haa makes me a lil queasy. Just sayin. She said he's got a big ol' belly (perhaps filled with choc covered cherries and white powdered donies?) and if you can see from the pic below, his cheeks are filled out quite nicely too. He's gonna be a lil chunkster! He is head down (yay for that!) and must have quite a bit of hair, cuz she kept saying "This fuzzy stuff is hair." I had no clue what she was talking about. I thought the fuzzy thing I was looking at was the placenta. What do I know? He wasn't real active at this appointment, that is until the u/s was over and I was back out in the waiting room of course. Then he was moving all around. Lil stinker! Guess he doesn't like to have his pic taken. We did see him swallow a couple times and saw his belly moving up and down quite a bit. Tech said he was practicing breathing. Cute :)

My blood pressure was high at the beginning of the exam, but the doctor took it again after sitting there for a little bit with my feet flat on the floor and then it went back down into the normal range. There was no protein in my urine and I'm not having headaches or vision issues, so she wasn't worried that I would develop Preeclampsia. Not at this point anyway.

Still not dilated at all. AHHHHHHHH! COME ON CERVIX! Get a move on already!


1 comment:

Unky WonK(eem)a said...

I'm nominadin this line for BEST BLOG LINE EVER: "She said he's got a big ol' belly (perhaps filled with choc covered cherries and white powdered donies?)"

:D