Sunday, January 17, 2010

Dress Shoppin, Round 1

Whoa, I forgot how fun it was to shop for fancy dresses! My mom, Janine, and I had a great time Saturday morning shopping for a wedding dress for me, a bridesmaid dress for Janine, and a MOB (mother of the bride) dress for Soney.  My mom picked some 1902-looking wedding dress with cap sleeves and thought it would look good on me, so I tried it out to humor her. YIKES. I seriously felt like Laura Ingalls in that thing. It probably didn't help that I had big brown boots on under the dress. I felt like I would fit right in in riding in the back of Pa's wagon on the way to Mankato at first light.  ANYWAY, after trying that monstrosity on, Janine and I thought it was only fair to pick out a dress of our choice and make Soney try it on.  To get her back we made her put on some skimpy red bridesmaid dress, and of course she came prancing out of the fitting room like it was nothin. She had the ladies at the store rolling on the floor laughing! Good times. :) 

The day wasn't a waste by any means, I did find 3 dresses I liked, one of which made me feel super skinny! YESSSS! Right now that is my number 1 choice, although I want to look around some more before I commit to buying it, because it's not at all the style I was looking for originally. I think that happens a lot though - some of those dresses look totally different on the hanger, but when you actually put them on, they look beautiful.  I'll keep ya posted on my progress.

3 comments:

Janine said...

Whoop Whoop!! I had a fun time!! I wish we could have taken pics at that one place so we could have taken a pic of Soney in that red dress. haha.
and I LOVE that one dress that is the 1st choice so far! Very flattering!

Nikki Welch said...

Yay! You have to send me a link!

Gretchen said...

N, it's a private label dress and I haven't been able to find pics of any similar dresses online. Still lookin though.