Monday, January 4, 2010

Public Service Announcement

Today's PSA brought to you by yours truly...when using an electric mixer, be sure you turn the mixer OFF before trying to scrape the sides of the bowl.

I was making a cake last night and was using a regular hand mixer to mix the batter. I took a rubber scraper and was scraping the sides of the bowl when all of the sudden the scraper got caught up and yanked my hand right into the beaters. It happened so fast that I didn't even realize what was going on for a split second. It hurt so bad! I let out a yelp and called for Lenny, but he had just walked out the door to go to the grocery store. I turned off the mixer which had obviously stopped now that my hand was all mangled up inside of it, then I unplugged it. I tried to push the eject button to eject the beaters, but they would not budge, so I just sat there staring at it my jacked up hand for like 10 seconds trying to figure out what to do.  I'm not even sure how I got my hand out, but somehow I did.  My pinkie and my thumb were dented in and kind of purple, but I wasn't bleeding and nothing seemed to be broken, as I could open and close my hand (which I kept doing repeatedly just to make sure it was working okay). Today there is barely a mark on my finger, although it is a little bit sore. Next time I make a cake, I'm going to be dang sure I turn the mixer off before I scrape that bowl. IDIOT!!!

No comments: